Tuesday 21 February 2012


First... let's get it out of the way... London is Jen-erally Awesome! I have been so excited to do this topic, my apologies for the delay.
There are 2 simple arguments for it's awesomeness to support my ruling:
1. The day life...
Well let's all face it, people come from all over the world to see the si)ghts and whenever there's a single doubt in my mind as to 'what to do today?' I always count on London being there in all it's awesomeness. Some of my favourite day time London fun is usually based around shopping, Camden, Oxford Street and the lanes around Covent Garden. Hidden in between all of the shops I could never afford are some gems, boutiques and quirky little nooks.
2. The night life... my favourite kind of life! There is never a dull moment in London. Ever. Sometimes there are nights that don't go so well, and if that were to happen you just walk out and find the next awesome place (usually within about 5 feet). And your reward for partying in London? Always meeting a wide range of people, from around the country, or even from around the world. I have never gone home from a night in London without a story.
I mean... London is so awesome that 100s of people have devoted their time to waxing lyrical about it... Streets of London (Ralph McTell) LDN (Lilly Allen) London Belongs to Me (St Etienne) London Calling (The Clash) London (The Smiths)... I could go on!
It was confirmed to me last year when the Royal Wedding Happened. I went into London to see what all the fuss was about. The night before there were people partying from all over the world. I walked around London with people sitting in the street talking, celebrating. Then the day of the Royal Wedding there was an atmosphere like no other I've seen before! I hate to say it but I was sooooo proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment