Tuesday 24 January 2012

H is for...Horror Movies...awesomely BAD!!!

SO...
I begged and pleaded with Joel Sparks (ok, well I asked once and he agreed) to give me something awesomely bad to blog about this week and he came up top trumps.
You see horror movies - a genre of film making that I find tedious and essentially terrifying has baffled me for a long time.

Why would you actually want to.. or even pay... to go and be scared out of your skin, not sleep for nights on end and need therapy. Don't get me wrong I am not a 'typical' girl. I don't like RomComs blah blah blah. I love action movies, to be honest a bit of blood and guts and a nice bit of weaponary makes for a good movie (think taken...law abiding citizen, drive) but when it comes to Horror films there are essentially 3 reason why I won't watch them...

1) I don't want to!!!

2) They scare me - I live alone and don't need to be kept up all night shaking under my duvet!

3) I DON'T WANT TO!!!!!

I shall let you know my limits. I once went to see sixth sense with my mum and some friends and almost pood my pants - the bit where the pegs come flying off the red tent... oh my days!!! Another example of my horror limits is the fact that I once saw a trailer for 'Hannibal Rising' and had a nightmare - yes based only on the trailer- for weeks!!! I remember being 13 and going to a pontins holiday weekend with Church - Pakefield for those of you who know lol .. and having a dorm room just me and my friend we decided we would stay up and watch friday the 13th. Now... I don't remember what happened in that film because my brain reverted to what I can only describe as some sort of post traumatic stress and hid those images from my mind forever.

It is an absolutely conundrum to me that people 'enjoy' horror films. If you yahoo your way through 'what ingredients make a good horror movie' these are the kind of answers people give

1)screaming
2)blood
3)a good, gory killing
4)suspense
5)a really freaky character
6)flesh cutting
7)things that make your stomach turn......

...you get the idea. I don't think these things are entertaining at all. And that is why I rule that Horror movies are indeed... Jen-erally Awesomely BAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment